StudentsReview :: Gonzaga University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1750
C+
Faculty Accessibility
A
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Mar 13 2010
Major: Engineering Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I am posting this comment purely for peoples advice.

Hey, I'm Leilani (thats not my real name but I want to keep this anonymous).I am going to be a freshman next year in 2014 and am dead caught in between 3 schools: Gonzaga, University of Portland, and University of San Diego. For the students who currently attend GU I ask you, do you think I would fit in and have a good experience at GU?

I consider myself to be smart, not validictorian or anything, but I get A's and B's in my honors and AP classes in high school. I live in Hawaii so I am used to warm weather, however I visited Portland in the middle of winter pretty much at its worst and it wasnt too bad at all… i like winter clothing :). I am thinking about going into the engineering program, and I consider myself fairly strong in mathematics and physics, but not excellent. I do like to have a social life, like go to fun party's and just doing fun and creative things with my friends, but I'm not some wild party girl. I do like to drink and party, but it's not my life; I actually do want a good education too. I also plan on running track while I'm at GU. I am white, so I guess I would blend-in in that sense, but I am also slightly liberal and down-to-earth. Personality wise I am fairly outgoing and not a complete materialistic bitch, although I guess everyone has those moments. I guess I'm kinda weird, but who isnt. Haha but I actually do consider myself to be pretty normal. I am not very judgmental, open-minded, NOT racist, NOT sexist, and NOT religous. I wouldn't mind having those days or nights where I just cruize in my dorm and chill out, but I definitely dont want that to be the majority of my social life, but as I said earlier, I don't need to be partying every single night.

Overall, how do you guys think I would be able to fit in at GU, and would it be a good experience for me? You can either respond to this comment or add a comment of your own, add start it off with Dear Leilani or something like that so I know you are responding to me. Thank you soooo much and I would greatly appreciate your help. Feel free to add some stuff about things to do in the city, or the dorms, food options, things within walking distance to the school, etc. Mahalo Nui Loa.

Sincerely, (Leilani)

commentI ran across your comment researching Gonzaga University. As a native of San Diego I feel I can comment on USD and the city itself. When it comes to engineering programs in San Diego why usd? UCSD or San Diego state has a much bigger and more respectable engineering program. If you’re looking for a more sociable school state is the answer and if you’re looking for a more serious school ucsd is the answer. don’t get me wrong, all three schools(UCSD, state and USD) are great schools however usd is more of a business and law school and is not known for their engineering program(which only consist of electrical, mechanical, and industrial). UCSD has around 15 different engineering majors including chemical, bio, computer, and aerospace. State has around ten different engineering majors such as environmental and construction engineering. The city itself is really nice and has major league baseball and football as well as a downtown area called the gas lamp which has around a hundred bars and restaurants ranging from clubs to hookah lounges to pubs. Also there are a number great bars and restaurants around the different neighborhoods such as Hamilton’s pub in South Park and Hodad’s burger joint in ocean beach. Each of the neighbor hoods in San Diego has different feel to it from the party scene at Pacific beach (if you come down here you must check out longboards and broken yolk with one of the best breakfasts in town) to the hipster scene at north park to the laid back at golden hill (pizzeria luigies on 25th in Golden Hill is one of the best pizza joints in town) and the local feel of South Park, which is kind of hard to get to but very much worth it for the Big Kitchen. The weather is always a nice perfect 70 to 90 degrees year round and if you have a wet suit you can pretty much surf most times of the year. Also ski resort such as Big Bear ski resort, Snow Mountain and mountain high is about three hours away making it a perfect weekend getaway to go snowboarding or skiing if you’re into that.
Compare GonzagaSave Gonzaga