StudentsReview :: Columbia Southern University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Survey is Blank

SAT1170
Excess Competition
A
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Mar 18 2010
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management program at Columbia Southern University. I withdrew after three classes and a TOTAL waste of my money! The quality of the courses and instruction were far below par in comparison with other schools I have attended. I almost felt that it was a joke. The questions on the tests seemed to be written by someone that doesn't have English as their first language, and the materials were littered with grammatical and spelling errors. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. Meanwhile, they are supposed to be grading you on grammar in your essays with APA rules in mind. ALL THREE CLASSES I TOOK HAD MULTIPLE ERRORS IN THE TESTS. They were grading me wrongly, even when I chose the correct answer. I ended up spending alot of time trying to contact professors to alert them of the errors, as well as petition them for credit that was rightfully due to me. That's right, all of a sudden it was my job to QA every test I took and report to the school all of the errors I encountered. I paid alot of money to basically do their jobs for them. People, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE! Also, this school is NATIONALLY accredited. If you want to pursue a Master's or Ph.D. at any REGIONALLY accredited institution out there, you will not be able to. Your degree from Columbia Southern WILL NOT be accepted during the admission/application process. Again, do not waste your time at this dead-end school like I did. I am now enrolling at a regionally accredited school to complete my bachelor's so that I may choose to pursue a Master's and above after I finish.

I've taken 17 courses with CSU and EVERY professor I've had has been stellar except for one who was removed. It's challenging and credits DO TRANSFER. The people who are ranting negatively must have not applied themselves appropriately. I work for 3M and they are FINE with CSU.
responseAn accredited university is an accredited university. I have currently been accepted into a doctorate program with Liberty University using a Masters from CSU. Most employers’ don’t know or care about your schools accreditation. If you’re concerned about future schools just go to their website and look at their admission requirements, and I would bet that almost every school out there lists a Masters degree from either a regionally Or nationally accredited program.
How many schools have you attended? Have you thought maybe your the problem and not the schools that you have attended? Why did you leave the other schools?
Compare CSUSave CSU