StudentsReview :: Hendrix College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant

University Resource Use
She cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Mar 20 2010
Major: Geography and Geosciences (This Major's Salary over time)
As far as the students and social life are concerned, I love Hendrix. The people are amazing. The parties are amazing. The school itself completely makes up for Conway (which is HORRIBLE). I'm from New Orleans and I still think the social aspect at Hendrix was good enough to cancel out Conway, so it's not something I would worry about.

I am, unfortunately, transferring. I hate the Environmental Studies program here. If you are interested in the socio-political aspect of Environmental Studies, go for it. But if you are at all interested in the science aspect of Environmental Studies RUN AWAY NOW AND DON'T LOOK BACK. It is an awful program. Don't get to the school, fall in love with the place and the people and then have to leave because you're not going to learn anything. That's what's going on with me and it's awful.

This is really a school for the humanities. I don't know what I was thinking going here for science. Maybe that it was a hippie school and therefore their Environmental science would be awesome? That is definitely not that case.

Maybe it's because it's new. Maybe it will get better. I just know as of the 2009-2010 school year it leaves a lot to be desired. I am set to graduate in 2013, by the way. For some reason the graduation options only go to 2011.

All in all, Hendrix is a cool place. The school cares a lot about its students. Other programs seem pretty good. If you are interested in a science major, steer clear. Otherwise, I completely recommend it. It's a fun place.

questionWhat is it that is bad about the sciences? I've always heard their sciences are really, really tough so I would like to hear what it is you don't like about it. And as for the low ratings you gave, is that in relation to things you weren't satisfied with concerning your major or overall academics?
questionI find it difficult to believe a school with an 85% acceptance rate to Medical school has any major problems teaching science. What gives?
Compare HendrixSave Hendrix