StudentsReview :: Grand Valley State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

Approachable

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
B
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Mar 20 2010
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
Winters are very long in West Michigan and there is nothing to do in Allendale. High wind coming off of the lake keeps you inside and the campus life is something to be desired. You need a car to live here as everything is 40 miles away. Beautiful sunset, the food is good. However, if you are in any way different, don't go here.

Diversity is something to be desired. I was initially impressed with an expressed commitment that they respect all differences but my experience was much different than their initial claim. While attending the school, a staff member first invited me to a private discussion, identified the community with a form of conservative Christianity, and they stated that they keep their community clean. It was implied that I was the dirt of the community and I was given several very frank warnings to leave the school based on something that made me different. These warnings extended off campus from people I never recognized who expressed an opinion of a difference that was considered unacceptable.

When I discussed my work with other universities in the state I found that the credits just didn't transfer and I had to start over. While they transferred as credits to other schools, they didn't apply towards any program under the same major. The transfer credits just filled space and I had to start over.

Grand Valley State University