StudentsReview :: Truman State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Closeminded

ACT:29
Useful Schoolwork
Safety
She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Mar 25 2010
Major: Accounting (This Major's Salary over time)
This place is ridiculous. There is a really strange dichotomy of professors here, either they give As out, or you're trying your very best to get a C. I'm a grad student in Accounting, and this is my 5th year here, and I have been asking myself every day since August 2005 why I'm here.

The administration talks about how they want students input, but they really don't.The SUB is never open on the weekends, and the library doesn't open until 1.00 on Sunday. There is always a line outside, but despite how many times we've asked them to open earlier, they tell us that it's 'not in their best interest.' Thanks, Truman, for caring about your students.

At the Rec center, you have to bring an extra pair of shoes, which is stupid, but apparently they can't keep it clean on their own. Which is hard to believe because almost everyone I know has been asked to stop their workout so the cleaning lady can vacuum around their bench.

The library cleaning schedule is also inconvenient. At 3 in the afternoon, when almost all of the computers are full in the main lab, there is a guy vacuuming. Seriously. He, also, asks you to stop what you're doing and move so he can vacuum under your chair.

On to the faculty. While most of them are really nice and helpful, they don't actually do much. Most faculty actually work on articles, or improving their knowledge of the topic, but not here. Most of my grad classes are okay, but still not the level of work that I expected. One of them is so random and haphazard that everyone did poorly on the first test (i.e. 1 A out of 40 people, which was a 90% - lowest A possible - and the average was a 70%). The teacher blamed us entirely for not knowing the material, regardless of the fact that she put stuff on there that we had never heard of.

The people here aren't really that smart. They might be book smart, but so many people just state arguments the party lines support and don't actually research anything. Liberal or conservative, they're both ignorant.

The only reason I'm actually here is because I'll graduate with $3000 in debt for 2 degrees. Given a chance, I would do it over in a heartbeat, this place blows.

Don't sacrifice your happiness for less debt.

Compare TSUSave TSU