StudentsReview :: Virginia Intermont College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1190
Campus Maintenance
C-
Faculty Accessibility
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Mar 25 2010
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I attended Virginia Intermont from 2002-2006 and I have to say I loved every minute of it!

The faculty were all very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable in their field of study. Most of their professors even put their home phone numbers on their syllabus so that students could reach them at home with questions. I majored in Business Marketing and minored in Equine Studies, even as two of the largest programs there I still never had more than 15 people in a class. It was so great to actually be able to have discussions in class rather than lecture after lecture!

Virginia Intermont is a small college in Bristol, VA, somewhere my parents nor I had ever even heard of before I started looking for schools. However, because of their AMAZING Equine and Photography programs they draw students from all over the country! (And several others!) The people that you meet there will amaze you. So many different interests and backgrounds, it is amazing the different types of people that Intermont attracts. I suppose it was their specialty majors that brought such a variety to the campus, a truly unique group of individuals!

I don't know too much about their other programs, but I will say that the Equine and Business programs are definitely top notch! I was able to gain real life experience in both of these programs. The Equine Studies program is recognized in all aspects of the horse industry, not to mention they have won 13 National Titles in the last 7 years!!! I know that the year I graduated they sent me an email talking about how 98% of the Equine students that graduated with me had received jobs in the industry…that's AMAZING! Plus the jobs that people get after graduating from there are unbelievable!!!

I have to say, as someone who has been away for four years, I would go back in a heartbeat!

Compare VICSave VIC