StudentsReview :: Virginia Intermont College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly

SAT1260
Campus Maintenance
B-
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Mar 25 2010
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
Absolutely wonderful school. I came here in 98 and graduated in 02 and loved every minute of it. I was an Equine major and also did Biology. I can't say how other programs are, but the Equine and Biology department are wonderful. I chose VI because first of all it has the most well-rounded equine program in the country and also one of the lowest private school tuitions—yes even today in 2010 at almost $30,000 a year it is one of the lowest private school tuitions - if you take the time to look around.

If you are looking for a party school then go to a state university with lots of students and lots of drinking and night clubs. That to me is not what college is for—it is to get an education. As some other reviews said there isn't much to do—there is, it just isn't partying. Also, if you are in extra school functions you don't have time to sit around.

Most of the faculty and staff are courteous and helpful. Every now and then you might find someone on a bad day but I did not have one bad professor while I was here.

The school does need a little restoration, but otherwise the campus is nice. I like the old buildings—I tend to like antiques and such, so I fit right in—some people would not like it. I also stayed in the dorms and yes sometimes the old heaters would not work and in these old buildings there is no air conditioning in the rooms, but you know that before you enroll here!

I also have worked at the school after I graduated and enjoyed it very much. I was in a staff position and we try our hardest to be helpful and kind. We do have to abide by school policies and sometimes when a student hears that they do not like what we have to tell them. Overall though the school is excellent and would recommend it to anyone—the thing is each individual person needs to look closely at the campus, what the school offers, the strengths and weaknesses of each college they are wanting to attend. Is VI for everyone? No, just as Penn State or UT isn't for everyone. I can only say I loved every minute of it and wouldn't change my 4 years here for anything.

Compare VICSave VIC