StudentsReview :: Regent University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyC
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Faculty Accessibility
A-
She cares more about University Resource Use than the average student.
Date: Mar 26 2010
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
Regent is a school to go to if you have a lot of money to waste. I've been attending for several years, they've changed the cirriculum several times making classes I've taken worthless and continuously requiring new classes which means more money. I tried to transfer but only 1 credit carried over to the new school and after illness caused me to withdraw they will not wor with me to settle my account in a way where I can still meet my other financial obligations. They would rather just send me to collections and wash their hands of me. They preach that they are a Christian School but they policies and procedures do not reflect that attitude.
commentIn my experience at Regent, I have read the student handbooks and catalogs. This may be helpful to students because knowing your rights will save you the trouble this student had… The curriculum changes often because the school is constantly improving - but you are only held to complete the original curriculum in place for the year you entered school. If you WANT to do the revised curriculum instead, you may petition to do so, and it is generally not a problem. I have attended both Regent and the University of Wisconsin and both are like this, and I think the policy is fair.

Berry College (GA) 1:negative