StudentsReview :: Evergreen State College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Super Brilliant
Extra Curriculars
C+
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Apr 19 2010
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
This is a relatively positive comment. However, do not take my opinion as a defining moment if you are an independent thinker. I hope you are an independent thinker, and if your not then Evergreen is a great place for you to go nonetheless.

From my own personal experience, Evergreen has been an absolutely amazing experience. I came into Evergreen three years ago as a completely different person, and now I am much more content with myself. Evergreen changed my overall outlook of the world. Evergreen has helped me want to become involved in the world. Evergreen has helped me want to ask questions, and question everything. I believe that it is very important as an educated person to know how to ask questions.

I have had some great faculty at Evergreen, but keep in mind that there are some very flaky and lazy faculty. Keep your ears open, word of mouth is important in terms of faculty. However, do not believe everything you hear, sometimes certain faculty works better for certain people. Academic fairs are a great way to weed out undesirable faculty, because you can sit down and talk to your potential teachers face to face. From my own experience, I have had a great time learning with: Bret Weinstein, Rebecca Sunderman, Ben Simon, Paula Schofield, Laura Citrin and Lori Blewett.

Also, Evergreen is not particularly known for the science programs, but they are great! You are actually doing yourself a disservice if you do not give at least one science program a chance. I have heard a lot of complaints about the political science courses because of the very politically correct way people discuss in seminar. And honestly, it is useful to be able to learn the political science jargon, because it allows you to make a good argument without offending any specific groups too much. Keep in mind that if you are going to take a political science course you will offend someone at some point, get used to it. You have to offend people to learn sometimes, and the people who are offended usually get over it too.

Overall, it is a mixed bag. Evergreen is like a learning buffet, you take a little of this and leave more of that.

I have noticed many children coming to Evergreen that chose this place based on proximity to hallucinogenic drugs. I will not put down hallucinogenic drugs, for I spent some great times hallucinating at Evergreen. However, I never did it in vain, and that is important. Kids come here thinking that they are just going to take, take, take drugs. No! Do not just take, take, take drugs. Please do have safe, loving, peaceful experiences with your FRIENDS and yourself. If those wonderful, safe, loving, peaceful experiences with your friends is also on hallucinogens then whatever, you are at Evergreen (great place for it). I would not recommend it if you are psychologically unstable or with strangers. Respect everything that you put in contact with your body, do not be stupid and please go to class! There are always the people who get too caught up in the party and stop going to class. Do not be that guy, because in the end everyone who is worth your time leaves you at the party.

Compare ESCSave ESC