StudentsReview :: Oakland University - Extra Detail about the Comment

ACT:22
Average
Safety
A
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Apr 28 2010
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
I seriously regret ever going to this school.

1. Getting academic financial aide was a nightmare. i applied early every semester for FAFSA and for my third party loan, but for some reason every semester I would call OU financial dept. they would tell me they are "processing" then I'd call my lender and they would say they're waiting on my school.

2. you are treated like a number. NOT A STUDENT here. They're academic advisors are horrible, dumb, discouraging and always seem confused. I'd ask them about a program in their dept and they never knew what to say. They don't care about students here, just as long as they get their tuition dollars, its an assembly line of students

3. NOT TO MENTION, oakland has the highest dropout percent, with only 25% of each class that actually graduates from here.

4. Also the professors here are very rude, yeah they say come to me for help, but never have office hours and they make you feel so stupid. I hate it here. I will be transferring fall 2011, because I've had enough.

I agree with you about the financial aid. We (my daughter n I) were covered but then we told we owed money. We went back and forth trying to figure out what went wrong. They kept blaming us. Late fees for this or that. She could not attend winter semester bc they claimed we had an outstanding balance of 10K. We were shocked. How the hell did this happen? We just found out she did receive all financial aid but these are late fees. WTF. They penalized us for everything they told us we could not do. We followed their advice and got screwed. Daughter missed a semester n we have to pay this b.s. I'm pissed.
Compare OaklandSave Oakland