StudentsReview :: Virginia Intermont College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyB
Friendly, Approachable, Snooty

Friendly

ACT:30
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #001397; line-height:80px';float:left;
D+
Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: May 03 2010
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
You either love it or you hate it. Granted, some of the teachers will give you busy work despite denying that they would ever do such a thing. Also, many of the students may come off as snooty or arrogant. However, I think the true beauty of VI lies in the diversity of personality that lies about the campus.

In my year here I have made friends with equine studies majors, math professors, maintenance workers, security personnel, Germans, thespians, cafeteria servers, a former poly-sci then education and now english major, as well as over half the campus. They are all different and they are all amazing.
Sure each have their pitfalls but they each have their perks. One of the professors here has forgotten more about poetry of any subculture (and his bag) than I will ever know. Another has redefined my understanding of creativity and logic as well as my ability to mesh the two together. Still, one other has shaped the way I view my life and my search for a major.

The impact that the students and teachers have on your life is indescribable. However, it may not always be positive. One of my professors nearly destroyed my love of literature, but then again the others have catapulted me to new heights I never thought I would have been capable of reaching.
Yes, the city of Bristol can barely be called a city; there are little to no commercial things to do here, but the social aspects of VI are boundless. Many of the groups here are involved in the community and organize mission trips, nature hikes, socials, parties, community service, and boundless other projects.

Like I said, you'll either love it or hate it. The amount of energy you put into your school the school will reciprocate. I am proud to be a VI student and I'm sure you noticed that in my review. Many of the reviews were biased. Heck, being completely unbiased is impossible, but I will say that I think the negative reviews came from students who had an ax to grind. I am not arguing that the positive reviews are unbiased, merely that the negative ones are hyperbolic to say the least.
With that, I'll leave you with this question: are you looking for a school that offers you with a flexible, independent curriculum and allows you to communicate easily and effectively with your teachers? Then come to VI.

Compare VICSave VIC