StudentsReview :: Wayne State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Excess Competition
B-
Safety
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: May 09 2010
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I've just recently graduated from Wayne State University with a BA in Political Science, a co-major in Peace and Conflict Studies, and a minor in psychology. Being from Michigan it is difficult for anyone with any degree to get a job. I had a job which I worked full-time while going to school full-time and having a family. It was very difficult and I was unsure if I could finish the program in time but obviously, everything worked out. I greatly appreciate that so many classes were available after 5pm when I could attend them. Obviously, there were many more classes during the day that I wanted to take and couldn't (e.g. Polish courses) but what is important to me that despite my difficulties and situation in life I have a BA which I can be proud of.

In my political science courses most students were very much into the subject and focused on success. In the psychology program it was less so… some students seemed to have no grasp of the basic concepts of the scientific method. Hopefully this will change as they pursue the necessary graduate courses. However, the scientific basis of the psychology program DID greatly influence and strengthen my political science program.

I am surprised by other reviews, especially about not feeling safe. I have never had an issue in my years of study. I started as a music major (which ended due to a medical problem and I returned later under a different program) and was only slightly paranoid when taking my instrument to my car. I think if you are sheltered and come from the suburbs, then yes, you may feel unsafe but I honestly believe that it is because of perception, not reality. I encourage anybody who wants to attend to check WSU police reports and compare them to whatever universities they are looking at. They may be worse or better for WSU but facts are whats needed and not perception. Again, I've never had an issue at WSU or Detroit in my 32 years of life.

I would strongly recommend Wayne State University, but you really need to see and decide for yourself. That is what university studies are all about.

Compare WSUSave WSU