StudentsReview :: The University of Vermont - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsF
SafetyF

Average
B
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: May 19 2010
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
If you want to pay $$ to buy a textbook, read and memorize the assigned chapter and be tested on it, be my guest. I am so sick of lecture classes. In my two years at uvm I had two courses the were smaller than 100 people. I couldn't get into a REQUIRED course for my major because it was closed and NO ONE out of the faculty seemed to be able to help me. Why am I paying UVM if they're not giving me the means to graduate and earn my B.A? They charge you for EVERYTHING even the most minute things. Professors mindlessly assign textbooks that they don't actually require the use of. They are continuously admitting larger freshman classes while they have NOWHERE to house them much less offer them a seat in their courses. Here's the nightlife in a nutshell: dark dirty basement, shitty beer, and a plethora of weed. If you plan to be a fashionista at this school don't even think about it. You will get death stares. Heels and such are not accepted here. UVM likes to talk about how they're so "up and coming" and moving up in the rankings but don't be fooled. They cleverly fail to mention the insane budget cuts, the shortage of professors and the continuous protests staged by unhappy students. I can go on and on about the faults of this University but I'll stop here. Long story short: I'm transferring out.
Compare UVM/UVermontSave UVM/UVermont