StudentsReview :: Pacific Lutheran University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Central Washington University -- Ellensburg, WA

Pacific Lutheran University

Alumni Survey

Date: Jun 14 2010
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
My college education from P.L.U. was and is awesome in it's ability to prepare me for a walk of Faith, community involment, creator of new programs in my own field and just enjoying life as an enriched person.
Daily I am still blessed by friends I made at P.L.U. and I can hear those voices of the professors who enlightened my soul with their virtue, system of beliefs, and care for their students.

Of course the academic and hands on learning I recieved in Communications helped me in my field! While at college I did have my time of rebelion and questioning the Faith Principals of The Lutheran World View. I am glad to see that my college has worked hard to corrected it's racial bias that did exist while I was a student.
Just because I have a College Education from an accredited University I have had opportunity to grow in areas I did not invision while in school. Positions of managment and Sales were open to me when other doors were closed in my own field for a while. This is where I did make more money but I moved back into my more creative field when other opportunities came up.

In New York City you had better have a back up plan A,B,C, D…etc if you want to survive in the Arts. I was a teachers aid in Harlem, telephone operator in an Executive Holding Company, Dancer in a Dive, writter and other interesting positions in order to pay the rent!

Pacific Lutheran University