StudentsReview :: Northern Arizona University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1050
Excess Competition
D
Faculty Accessibility
He cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Jun 20 2010
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I really enjoyed my undergraduate experience coming into NAU. I found that the faculty were approachable and I was on a first name basis with many of my instructors. What I find interesting about the school was the other students attitude. NAU, like many other schools, will yield exactly what you put into it. I approached NAU as the experience of a lifetime. I talked to hundreds of people and wanted to be on a first name basis with as many people as possible. I did the Greek life thing. I participated in clubs related to my major. I went out to Sedona, hiked and worked on the weekends. In short, I did everything I could to make my undergraduate experience to be amazing.

My advice to anyone considering NAU would be to evaluate what you want your relationship with your school, classmates and program to be and work on it. If you want a relationship with your instructor, talk to them. Have a conversation. Ask for what you want. Most 200 level and above classes have less than 30 people. It's a snap to meet people.

I also advise anyone to go to the NAU "previews" events. Spend the night in the dorms and live on-campus for the first year. Afterwards, be an adult and get an apartment off campus.

Some of the best years of my life were here. E-Mail Hines dot brad at gmail dot com with any questions.

Compare NAUSave NAU