StudentsReview :: Azusa Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

SAT1800
Average
Campus Maintenance
He cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Jun 28 2010
Major: Physical Therapy/Exercise Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I am a second year student at this university and I have to say I'm not impressed. Where to begin…

First Ill start with the living arragements. I am a commuter so I might as well not even exist at this institution. They have a "department" for communters but it consisits of handing out snacks to make up for the social isolation that takes place at this school. You only have a social life if you live on campus.

In the science department its also interesting. The faculty are alright, besides the fact that almost every class has only one teacher, making learning style choices nonexistant.

The high price tag at this school is not for the education, its for the activities that the school puts on that are a waste of time at an instituion of "learning." If I wanted to go to church, I would go on my own time, not pay $35,000 dollars a year.

The students are a mixed bunch, some are really friendly, others not so much. Most I have encountered have been closed minded and spoiled/sixth year seniors who ride it out on their parents dime to get a degree in "global studies"?

They are very invested in promoting the school and invite many investors to come and pour more money into the school.

Don't get me wrong though, APU is still a great institution…if your a pastors kid. The only way to get recognition is if you achieve one of the coveted positions on campus like chapel leader or RA.

Overall I feel left out and that my money is being spent on services that are not required for me to get an academic education.

commentI hate APU! The teachers are assholes!
commentFor $35,000 a year, have you considered going to USC for that much money where it's actually prestigious with kids from better families?
commentThis isn't a great school at all. I despise it and wish I never came here in the first place.
Azusa Pacific University