StudentsReview :: The University of Vermont - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsA+
SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:34
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT2130
University Resource Use
B+
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jul 09 2010
Major: Animal Studies (This Major's Salary over time)
UVM is a fantastic school. As a HS senior, I had to choose between UVM and Cornell (my state agriculture school), and I'm glad I picked UVM. The campus is absolutely gorgeous and the lake and mountain views never get old. As an animal science/pre-vet major, I don't think I could be in a much better place. The classes I have to take are more challenging than I thought they would be, but they are certainly not cut-throat like other schools. The animal science department specifically is quite strong and has a lot of unique opportunities (CREAM, EQUUS, local internships)that prepare students really well for vet school. Burlington is a really fun city, though some of my friends who come from big cities feel a bit stifled by its small-ness. And there are definitely more than a few crunchy-granola-eating, ultra-leftist hippies hanging around, but if that's not your thing, it's not really a big deal.

I guess I would say that UVM, while definitely not for everyone, is an awesome place to be if it really is the right fit for you. If you really want to get involved in the campus community and have an intense but enthralling college experience (and make tons of new friends doing it), look into UVM.

Compare UVM/UVermontSave UVM/UVermont