StudentsReview :: Old Dominion University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

SAT1180
Creativity/ Innovation
B+
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jul 10 2010
Major: Mechanical Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
The mechanical engineering department is pretty good. Most of the professors are friendly and willing to help students outside of class. I live on campus (quads) and have enjoyed my stay. I am loving the football and basketball events like some of the other comments mention. If you are looking at ODU be sure to come for a visit. Don't just take my word or the other commenters word for it. I noticed some of their complaints (not all of them) are due in part to their expectation that someone would hold their hand through college. I can see however people having issues with finacial aid and the registrars office. My experience with them is that you have to research your problem (i.e. university catalog or financial aid docs) before going to them with your problem. This helps you know who to ask for when you go. However, I don't see this as a major positive or negative about ODU as some of my friends who went to other schools have had similar issues …so I guess this is just life. Good luck in your college search!
Compare ODUSave ODU