StudentsReview :: Lyndon State College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Broken Spirit, Closeminded

Friendly, Arrogant

Social Life
A
She cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Date: Jul 18 2010
Major: Journalism (This Major's Salary over time)
Hello, writing this review is rather painful! I wanted so badly to love Lyndon State College because it did have some amazing qualities- The Faculty for the most part is really awesome. The teachers talk to you as individuals and once you get to know them you actually build really great relationships with them. The curriculum is challenging (you have to study and do you homework) this is college! The course work is really up to date and informative. I loved most of my classes, being able to apply what I was learning to the real world. Living in the North East Kingdom of Vermont was a dream, but, withstanding nights of 30 below is something you have to mentally prepare yourself for! The part of Lyndon State College that disintegrated who I was as a person was, the student body. Most of these people have come here as a last cast scenario because Lyndon has an acceptance rate of 94%, taking anyone who is willing to pay, rather than dedicated, passionate people looking for an education. I lost my entire group of friends after the first semester, all leaving for alternative avenues. I was able to rebuild somewhat of my life the second semester until the same thing happened again. I gave Lyndon one last chance for a third semester and was left disappointed and bitter. I transferred to a college in Colorado where I hope I will be happier. Lyndon State College does have a lot to offer, but you have to be a certain type of person to survive there.

Berry College (GA) 1:negative