StudentsReview :: Western International University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Western International University

Arrogant, Self Absorbed

Faculty Accessibility
Excess Competition
D+
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Aug 03 2010
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
110% for profit school. Students come last, collecting funds comes first. Poorly trained staff across the board. No sutdent advocates. Staff is their to maximize profits of school by having you take unnecessary classes. APL is a joke. Apollo Group has already decided what is acceptable and then charges a $110 review fee and $75/credit hour. I don't think this degree on paper (WIU) is at all impressive…it is expensive and frustrating and I can honestly say, not challenging. I have a 3.96 GPA and I am running out of classes to take. I believe they keep cutting the number of available classes, but not the requirements. It has been my repeated experience (as an adult student) that no one at WIU cares about the student experience as long as the funds keep rolling in. One more observation, in several of my classes at least 20-30% of the students are employee of Apollo group. I guess they get a good deal on the tuition, but they obviously don't have degrees and are advising students.
Compare WEST/WIUSave WEST/WIU