StudentsReview :: Gonzaga University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

ACT:28
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
B+
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Aug 08 2010
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
GU is full of stuck up, white, rich kids. It is hard to find anyone who is humble and genuinely nice. Finding true friends may be hard to do, all the people at GU just want to impress each other with how much money they have. It is easy to find drinking/party friends though, that's what GU is made of.

As for the academics here I was very surprised. I thought this school would be challenging, but I was wrong. It really is just like high school all over again. The professors are nice but I honestly don't think they care if they students are getting a quality education or not.

The dorms here are awful. They are old, cramped and feel like they might collapse. It would be nice to be in Coughlin but I didn't write the required essay to get in. I recommend getting out of the dorms ASAP. The food here is terrible as well, it's bland, mushy and sometimes cold when you get it. Eat elsewhere if you can afford it.

I do like that many people here are involved in intramurals, it's a lot of fun to have something to do outside of your dorm for once.

The party scene here is huge. Everyone drinks mainly because it's the only way to have fun in Spokane. Since the school work is a joke and there is no homework, the parties are all the time.

I really wish I went to a different school, because my time here at GU has been dreadful and to be honest, quite depressing in the winter (which seems like all year). The school is full of a bunch of fakes and I don't think I'll find my "life-long" friends here, sure I have many acquaintances but they will come and go. If things were anything like my first year experience, I want to transfer out probably after this semester. I really am not looking forward to going back this fall, it's only 3 weeks away now and I'm dreading it.

Compare GonzagaSave Gonzaga