StudentsReview :: Oakland University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityB Extra CurricularsB+
SafetyA+
Friendly

ACT:22
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
Average
Useful Schoolwork
B-
Safety
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Aug 17 2010
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
Okay, I've been reading many reviews on this site about Oakland and I'm sick of people complaining saying there is no social life UNLESS you live on campus. That's just common sense. If you go home every day after class do you really expect to have a social life? I didn't live on campus my first year and was miserable, but when I stayed in a dorm my sophomore year and met a bunch of friends, I really had a great time. If you like to party, theres parties/clubs/bars/etc…if you don't, that's fine too, there's plenty to do. The surrounding town is not too bad, except you really do have to drive around it to find the cool things like Great Lakes Crossings, theatres, food, etc. There are a few places walking distance, but it's the frozen tundra of Michigan so no one wants to walk anywhere anyways 2/3 of the year. Beautiful campus, beautiful girls, pretty good athletic program, good school. It's easy to get financial aid here too, so I'd say it's worth it to chose oakland.
Compare OaklandSave Oakland