StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix Phoenix Campus - Extra Detail about the Comment

Tulsa Community College -- Tulsa, OK

Friendly

Excess Competition
B-
Useful Schoolwork
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Aug 25 2010
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I have been working at this deal for over 4 years now, which includes a brief hiatus for personal reasons. Still, the desire to reach my goal continually pushed me to continue dispite my best efforts to sabotage my future.

Initially, I went to the campus classes and really enjoyed everything that gathering as a group encompassed. Having spent 13 years in the Marines I really enjoyed the team aspects of the school. I realized that the team dynamics are no different from real life and I adjusted accordingly. There are slackers everywhere and there are hard chargers looking to take on the burden of a high GPA. Some people push themselves, some pull others along, either way there was a common goal and we always seemed to find a way to complete the tasks.

I have been planning my future for a long time, my goal is to build my own business from the ground up, and UoP is filling up my tool bag with everything I need to accomplish that goal. I have been to courses at other universities to expand my horizons, but I wasted my money! I had already learned most of the material being presented and was proud of it.

I currently maintain a 3.59 GPA and have honestly put a great deal of effort into that average. Friends and family come to me for business advice all the time, they know that I am being educated and that what I know is comprehensive and relevant in today's business world.

I am close to going "all in" with my business plans and I wouldn't attempt it if I did not feel confident that I am going to give my business the best possible chance of succeeding. UoP gave me confidence, or should I say they offered it and I accepted it.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way! I have places to go.

Compare UPhoenix-PhoenixSave UPhoenix-Phoenix