StudentsReview :: Green Mountain College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1690
Campus Maintenance
C
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Sep 08 2010
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I believe that GMC is a school that you can either love or hate. There is a lot of talk that is school is filled with nothing but pot smoking hippies- and while there are a few of them, I can assure you that this is not true.

I have felt myself expanding intellectually, opening doors to things that I would have never considered. The ELA courses that are required are not simply requirements- they are fascinating courses that will allow you to think and conceive of things around you in a completely different way. I think that more schools need to take this global course of learning.

The students are very friendly, quirky, and most of them are good humored. I have met a lot of friends here, friends that I am glad to have. There is a lot of partying, but there are also a lot of opportunities to have a good time sober.

One thing I don't like about this campus is the fact that it is quite isolated from any big towns- but there is a shuttle that takes you to Rutland for free, and a free clinic in Castleton that the shuttle can take you to as well in case you get sick.

If you are open minded and intellectual as well as liking to have fun, odds are you will get along just fine here.

Compare GMCSave GMC