StudentsReview :: Sweet Briar College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY

Sweet Briar College

Alumni Survey

Date: Sep 28 2010
Major: Sociology (This Major's Salary over time)
Sweet Briar College is one of the most beautiful and friendly environments you will ever encounter, and one of the most academically enriching as well (depending where you look). That being said, I wouldn't recommend Sweet Briar if you're looking for a "typical" school. Sweet Briar is definitely atypical and distinctive, which made it quite enticing for me. Also, I will admit I had bouts of longing for male attention when I was there and got stir crazy plenty of times because of its remote location (Thank goodness I had my car on campus!!). Sweet Briar was great for me because of the wonderful friendships I made, the interesting and varied courses I took (Where else can you take horseback riding, intro to geographic information systems, winetasting, Arabic, etc. all at the same time?), and the beautiful environment that allowed me to feel safe and optimistic about my future. I wish I could go back, and if I had the chance I would have minored in Spanish, done the Junior Year in Spain abroad, and I would've gotten better grades. It's true that very few people I know have heard of Sweet Briar…and sometimes I wish I'd gone to a school with a more recognizable name, but that's what grad school is for. Just don't go to Sweet Briar if you want to party all the time…leave that for a state school or community college and save yourself some money.
Compare SBCSave SBC