StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsF
SafetyA
Friendly, Approachable

University Resource Use
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Oct 19 2010
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Life is what you make it. Really it is. Before deciding to attend Walden I contemplated on whether or not the University could stand along same lines of other perspectives of prestigious schools. I worried about the stares I would get if I uttered "Walden University" or the possible question of "What kind of school is that? I never heard of it!" But then I realized that the issue was not with the type of school I chosed, it was with me! Look it doesn't matter if I was to pursue my doctorate at Harvard, Yale, or Georgetown! The fact is, no school is perfect and it's about how YOU will define your success. So with that little pep talk - I enrolled into Walden's D.B.A program and will graduate in 2012.

Are there some things that are not going well? Yes. And are there some things are that are going well? And my answer is still, yes! No school is perfect. But some things to note about doing an online educational program:

1. You have to be extremely organized and great with time management. If not, drop out and go learn how to time manage. You will fall behind if you do not know how to prepare and allot time for studying, reading, and most importantly WRITING!

2. If you are the type of person who needs frequent face to face interaction with others and a residency is not enough for you - then an online school is NOT for you. I have to admit I still struggle with the face to face interaction part but I am dealing with it. Afterall, it was my decision to go to school online.

3. Don't expect anyone to push you but you. A professor is only there to teach, provide guidance, and be extremely knowledgeable about their area of expertise. They are not there to hound you to pick up the pace or hold your hand! Forget it! That is a high school mentality and there is no place for it once you get into undergrade let alone in a PhD or a doctoral program.

4. Get tunnel vision. If someone is trying to knock you down for selecting an online school to pursue a doctorate, move far away from them! More often than not, those individuals don't have a doctorate! And have NO clue of the amount of work you do to pursue one.

5. Learn the heck out of APA!

Savannah College of Art and Design (GA) 1:negative