StudentsReview :: Johnson State College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Average
C+
Useful Schoolwork
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Oct 20 2010
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
Johnson State is a great school. Being here I have become involved in things that I never would have dreamt of. There are opportunities to pursue your interests left and right.

The staff and faculty here are all easily approachable and driven to help students in any way. They want your college experience to be the best it can be, and don't just view you as a number. Your professors know you on a first name basis, and are able to help you as an individual instead of as one of a group.

The campus is beautiful, the views of the mountains are breathtaking. The campus has many new buildings, and even more renovations currently happening.

I think that Johnson is a great stepping stone, it is a place you can find yourself and what you want to do with the rest of your life. Also because it is a small college it allows you to learn to be on your own while at the same time having help when you need it.

It was all a huge change from high school for me and I found it was the perfect place for me to learn the lessons I could need to go to grad school, and the graduated life.

Johnson does have drugs and alcohol, as does every other school. I will not deny that. But it is your choice if you want to throw away your money on them or not. If you want to go to school for school then you can do so, if you want to go to school to get high and drunk and not get a degree, you can find a way to do it. Every college is the same, when you are away from home you change and grow up and have to find what you do and don't want to do with your life. Some people get mixed up in the wrong things, though I don't think that Johnson has more drugs and alcohol use then other schools. It may seem that way because it is a small school. I personally do not do drugs or drink, but I do go to a party occasionally and I have never felt pressured to do things I don't want to. People tend to respect that I don't cave into peer pressure and I can be myself.

Compare JSCSave JSC