StudentsReview :: Campbell University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1790
Social Life
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
He cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Oct 23 2010
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
I know that this says that I'm still there, but the reality is that I had to transfer out after 3 semesters. This place was a fucking prison, on the planet bullshit, in the galaxy of
This Sucks Camel Dicks
(appropriate, really, given the mascot).

I originally went there for Pharmacy, and I liked the setting. It was a really beautiful campus, nicely condensed into a small area, and easily accessible. Dorms were a bit cramped, but not bad compared to some of the others I've seen. Being from very out of state (Ct), I didn't have the luxury of a car, friends, or the ability to go home every weekend, as 90% of the people there did. As I'm not a social creature, I at first saw nothing wrong with the complete lack of things to do there. I was content to sit in my room and play videogames, surf the (patrolled and restricted) internet and other stuff. But after a while, it sucked. EVERYTHING was closed on sundays, and what didn't closed operated at ridiculously short hours at random times. Even Chick-Fil-A, one of the only redeeming factors of the place, was closed.

The people there were indeed, very welcoming, for the most part. I cannot say that I once met an unfriendly person there, If anything, some seemed too friendly; almost like a 'Stepford Wives' kinda thing.

The religion there was frequently preached, with the weekly CUW religious propaganda class, and several classes being affected by religion. There was seriously a Bio/Anatomy professor there who seriously refused to teach the class about Evolution, on the basis that it went against Christianity. Also, I really don't see what the mandatory religion classes had to do with any major outside of the divinity school; it as a waste of credit hours and time, especially when one didn't gain a single thing from the course. WTF.

Though very nice, the campus was constantly undergoing construction, the dorms were old and musty, the wi-fi was often rendered useless thanks to the presence of concrete, cinder blocks and brick, there's barely any tv channels, and the internet is RESTRICTED. YEAH. I seriously got removed from the internet for an hour because I accidentally OPENED (not used; OPENED [by accident]) uTorrent. Also, couldn't post/look at images on 4chan, or any "naughty" things. Sucked mad bawls.

Overall, this place has the appearance of a pretty cool, little school in a nice area, but really, it's a prison if you don't have a car/friends. There's nothing to do there or anywhere near there. Researchers living in antarctica probably have better access to goods and services than the unfortunate residents of Buies Creek. Avoid, avoid, AVOID.

Compare CampbellSave Campbell