StudentsReview :: Norfolk State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Unhelpful

Faculty Accessibility
Social Life
B
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Oct 29 2010
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
This university dissapoints me. First, during my admissions process, they "lost" my transcipts even after I proved that I hand delivered them. Then they forgot to add half of my applied credits. With the exception of one, the nursing administrative staff (NOT including professors) are downright mean and rude. How can the the counselor (Ms. L) be so malicious and speak down to people. The front desk staff are also pretty touch and go and can turn and have major attitudes. How can these people represent the caring nurturing field of nursing when they have no customer skills whatsoever! I am paying for that school to give me an education, therefore, the staff are giving me a service that I AM PAYING for and deserve to be treated with some respect. I heard Ms. L yelling at another student in front of about 4 people! That is so unprofessional! Her attitude brings down the credibility and respect for that department. I have known other students in nursing tell their friends NOT to come to NSU because of that one lady…

Also, my nursing classes tests have spelling and grammatical errors that it makes me laugh. How can a higher learning institution have these rookie mistakes on their testing papers! How can I take the class, professor and university serious when they cannot proofread the infromation that they are putting out? This is a direct reflection on their reputation and it is not a good one. I am not the best at english, but spelling should be perfect at a university.

The crime in the university makes me regret going to that school. I am afraid whenever I get out of my car in the morning and dread having to stay late. How is that condusive to my learning?

This school needs to take a major round turn on how it conducts business. It needs to stop being so sloppy, and hiring unqualified people that are just hired because of their alumnus status. The nursing department needs to get rid of Ms. L and the front desk lady and put some people who will actually mentor, train but also give the realities of life in a positive and realistic manner. There is a way of snapping people to reality and Ms. L's way is not working.

responseWow this is sad!!! For a Black college cannot blame or make excuse that "the Man held us down we do it to ourselves"..
I was thinking about attending this university. Must you have a 4.0 to get into this program? I heard it's very competitive
Compare NSUSave NSU