StudentsReview :: California State University - Los Angeles - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- Berkeley, CA

Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly, Arrogant, Condescending, Self Absorbed

Safety
B+
She cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Oct 30 2010
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I really have mixed feelings about the English department. I felt there were good instructors like Quintero, Bamberg, and Steele. At the same time , however, there were instructors that demanded too much, had astronomical standards, and didn't clarify what they were looking for in the essays. They probably assumed they were teaching at an ivy league school.Please do not think I am sexist, but I felt the girls always had it easier than the minority males, myself included. I knew some very pathetic girls who wrote pathetic essays that would get higher grades than me. I am a good writer, and cannot comprehend why this is the case. In addition, the secretary Terry was terrible. She would never be happy when students would ask her questions. She was rude, crude, and does not belong here. She taints the whole department. I met some cool people in the department and even some graduate students told me they would go elsewhere if they had to do it all over again. If I had to eliminate classes, I would get rid of Linguitics. Who needs linguistics when you are an English major?
California State University - Los Angeles