StudentsReview :: Auburn University - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of Alabama -- Tuscaloosa, AL

Auburn University

Survey is Blank

ACT:28
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Not so bright
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Nov 17 2010
Major: Civil Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
Here's my REAL opinion of Auburn.

I highly doubt Auburn is only 35% Greek (or whatever the faulty percentage is said to be). I'm thinking more than half, more than 60% actually. And if I'm wrong, its because the greeks are so overbearing and over-ruling at Auburn that it's hard to notice all the non-greek students. All three councils of Greek, IFC, national pan-hellenic (black frats and sororities), and college panhellic, at Auburn run the campus's social life (parties, mixers, student-gatherings,etc). So if you're not part of the mix of frats and sororities, or if you don't aspire to be part of them, you're part of the minority who finds it harder to find a group of friends. People are initially nice at Auburn, but once you get to know a lot of them, you find that they aren't as genuine as you once thought they were.

Truthfully, I absolutely hate Auburn. I'm an in-state student. I ask myself everyday why I chose Auburn, and I can only say because of Auburn's ranking as a top 60 public school in the country… I thought I was alone for the first few weeks of feeling this way, but soon after I realized there are tons of other freshman who are just as unhappy with Auburn as I am.

I know a girl from up north who already has here plans for transferring mid-year dang near finalized. I know of another girl who is in the process of transferring midyear to a school in Georgia, not GA Tech or Emory, but to a MUCH less reputable school than Auburn [I won't name the school but it is tier-4 school]. I know of a few athletes, even football players, who are spoiled like kings here, who dread Auburn.

Auburn's not all bad for everyone though. I would think that if you love drinking a lot and football and looking like everyone else it'd be wonderful. Just know RANKINGS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING. [When choosing a school] I wish I had done much more investigation before choosing Auburn, I'd probably be a lot happier if I had put some effort into the decision.

commentI thought I was alone in these feelings till i went online and started reading reviews similar to this. It's absurd.
Wow…read the exact same review of Clemson on this same website!
Auburn University