StudentsReview :: Missouri Southern State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Friendly, Approachable

ACT:25
Faculty Accessibility
A-
He cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Nov 17 2010
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
I am currently in my senior year as a chemistry major having transferred from a different university. The teachers in my department are very good, but the administration, Financial Aid specifically, are the worst I have ever experienced. Two weeks ago my account balance was fine and I was looking forward to graduating in the spring semester and had already paid my tuition in full. From there I planned to get my Master's Degree here as well. Now I cannot even register for spring because the Financial Aid department directly deposited a grant into my bank account, then said they made an error. Having used part of the grant before they notified me, I now have no way to pay the full amount back and thanks to their amazing display of incompetence will not be able to register for the spring. The worst part is that my loans for the spring semester would also cover the balance but they refuse to lift the hold on my account so I can register and will not even do so after I repaid as much as possible (after being told that paying the majority of the balance, the hold could be lifted). A balance of 600$ due to their mistake is preventing my registration. I was given the runaround, sent from one office to the next, and it seems that I will not be able to graduate with only 9 hours to go thanks to their bungling. If I had to choose over again I would not have come to Missouri State University, you're just a number to the administration here. At least in the Financial Aid offices. When someone in that office makes a mistake, you'll be the one to pay for it. It is the most disorganized mess I have ever seen. No one is accountable.
Compare MSSUSave MSSU