StudentsReview :: Davidson College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Unhelpful

Creativity/ Innovation
Friendliness
A
He cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Nov 26 2010
Major: Computer Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I graduated from Davidson in 2009 with a 3.0 GPA in Computer Science. I have been trying for about six months to get into grad school but haven't had any success in large part because of my "low" GPA. I was told by one well known university that the breadth of my coursework was below par and that I should probably take a couple of courses to be more competitive within the applicant pool for their graduate school. I was very shocked that having a degree from what I thought was a well known and respected school, that I would have no problem getting into grad school and it's turning out to be a nightmare.

Getting a job right after graduation wasn't easy either because I found out that most of the positions I had applied for were given to someone who had graduated from a well-known school. Practically every job I've applied for someone has asked me if either Davidson was an online degree school or made a comment that they had never heard of it.

I feel so disappointed that I wasted four years of my life with nothing to show for it at the end.

Compare DavidsonSave Davidson