StudentsReview :: Grand Valley State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

Afraid, Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Self Absorbed

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
He cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Nov 27 2010
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Besides for the negativity I am about to lay on GVSU, I must admit GVSU is a beautiful campus with great freshmen buildings, dining halls, and academic buildings. That is about as positive as it gets. In reality GVSU sucks high schoolers into coming here by the beauty of the campus. The school is a business and they are out to make money and make themselves look good on paper. Once they get you here you are a number!

Like the other reviews, there is absolutely no social life at this school. Everyone goes home on the weekends and partying is not an option due to the SWAT-like tactics by the Ottawa county police to hand out MIPs.

Another positive that I forgot about is the female student population. There are very attractive girls at this school, but again everyone goes home on the weekend so you have to meet people in class or randomly on campus.

I am leaving this boring-ass farm country school, and would consider prospective students to realize the school is great at marketing to incoming students. Its not what it seems and don't get sucked in like what I did. Academics are very mediocre. Plenty of other great schools in MI.

Alphonso was a social work professor who would scream at his classroom trying to amplify his personal authority. This guy talked about freud again and again and again because thats all he knew. It made the tests easy but each course was useless. You can get am radio from several states because no other signal blocks it but good luck using your cell phone! The people in allendale are a little different keeping it white and clean. I told my roomate I was from detroit and he locked everything. It made it fun to have that fake call with my probation officer scaring the dutch reform kid but that was it. Drive 25 miles to the party store, snow is twice as high due to the lake effect. Gvsu isnt even on my resume when employers have told me its worthless. The dutch reform keeps it clean there so if you scare them the culture will respond. It got a little weird when I got some friendly messages to leave. a temp agency gave me advice to take gvsu off my resume years later. Some employers responded with the question "you went where??!" As if something went terribly wrong. Others are nice and compare it to a community college. I could have gotten more done at a community college than gvsu.
Grand Valley State University