StudentsReview :: Ferrum College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsB
SafetyA
Friendly, Approachable

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
He cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Nov 27 2010
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I had a bad accident my senior year that caused me to drop over half my classes. I was in German V/AP German, AP English, and Advance Government; but I had to drop my math class and science class, so I wasn't able to graduate with my advance diploma- so my only real choice was going to community college, since I didn't meet the minimum math requirement for most universities. Ferrum still accepted me, and still gave me scholarships. I went because I didn't really want to go to community college; I wanted the whole 'college expierence', and Ferrum has been very fun. The campus is beautiful, and the professors are very helpful and careful- they'll often go the extra mile to help you in any way they can. The school is tiny- almost the same size as my high school- which is both good and bad. It's great to be treated as a person opposed to being treated as a statistic. But at the same time, you see the same people over and over. If you find a solid group of friends, you'll be very happy, but when you live, hang out, eat, and go to school with the same people over and over, it gets real old real fast. There isn't much to do on the weekends; the nearest city is Roanoke, which is over an hour away. There are a few places to party, but most parties are a group of friends just hanging out in their dorms with some Loko, or booze if it's a real ritzy party.
Compare FerrumSave Ferrum