StudentsReview :: Biola University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant

Social Life
B
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Nov 28 2010
Major: Journalism (This Major's Salary over time)
I love Biola! As a high school senior, I did not want to go to a faith based school so Biola was on the bottom of my list. I applied for my parents mostly and though I got into all of my secular schools, I came to Biola after visiting the campus. Honestly it's not just that people are friendly at Biola - it's that they're serious about seeking the Lord. At every school you will find the self-righteous but in my experience, Biola has a lot more let's-have-water-balloon-fights-at-midnight, come-to-my-church-on-Sunday people rather than the holier-than-thou's.

The academia is somewhat difficult, depending on the class and subject. If you're a journalism major, expect real world experience, including an internship. Art and film majors talk about long, odd hours but most seem to love it. Torrey students have a lot of reading and discussion. Most of the faculty is friendly and willing to help.

Overall, I've loved my time at Biola. It has challenged my faith and encouraged my interests. If you're looking for growth as well as education, Biola will be a great place for you.

questionWould you say that you were spiritually uplifted by all the people around you, or brought down because of the hypocrisy you might see once in a while?
Compare BiolaSave Biola