StudentsReview :: Washington State University - Vancouver - Extra Detail about the Comment

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Friendly, Approachable

SAT1600
Social Life
D
He cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Dec 02 2010
Major: Computer Science (This Major's Salary over time)
Ok, some background info: I'm a Junior here at Washington State University Vancouver. I have a 3.0 gpa (likely to go up after this semester) and my major is computer science.

The campus here provides a great environment scholastically, but it's socially lacking. This campus is still relatively new in terms of accepting freshmen and sophomores so if you want the social life of a Pullman student you'll have to create it on your own accord (or just go to Pullman). But that's exactly why I'm attending this campus. I don't want to deal with the mindless partying.

In that sense this campus I feel is more mature. Also, since this campus has hardly any social structure, you have the opportunity to create it which do wonders for your resume.

Speaking of social structure, the level of student involvement is poor…very poor, which is unfortunate because there is SO much potential. This campus just needs a few students to be the catalyst to change that.

The campus administration, I feel, are like mystical beings. You never see them / know who the are / know what they do. Sometimes I hear so of my Prof. talking about the amount of red tape throughout the campus functions.

In my experience, the professors here are 90% extrodinary. Sure you'll get crappy professors, but that's usually in the in your first two years when you're doing your gen. ed. requirement courses (like history…ugh).

Courses pertaining to my major have been filled with insightful information that never fails to blow my mind, and professors go beyond just teaching the material. They show you why/how it's used in the industry.

So, if you're wanting to get an education that is more affordable and you're not into partying like the Pullman students, then this place is for you. There are tons of opportunities to add to this campus socially so don't worry about not making friends. YOUR EDUCATION IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!

Washington State University - Vancouver