StudentsReview :: Northern Arizona University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityF Extra CurricularsF
SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:28
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT2070
Not so bright
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Date: Dec 08 2010
Major: Music - Performance (This Major's Salary over time)
NAU is a great start for most college students. In fact, it's a great choice and ultimate resting place for a lot of students, but just like any other program, it all depends on what you put into it. Basic coursework may not be challenging if you have a lot of experience in music, but if you push yourself, your teachers will help you meet the higher expectations you set for yourself. Also, the small music program really helps for creating opportunities. As a freshman, NAU hired me to teach kids through their Academy of Music and Dance (open to the public, not just university students), and I'm able to be actively involved in student organizations. I also had the opportunity to help out with the introductory piano courses. (I'm a piano major.) On the other hand, none of that would have happened if I didn't take the initiative to find these opportunities, and I wouldn't have progressed half as much as a musician if I hadn't pushed myself to learn as much music as I did.

I would go to another university if I could not because I dislike NAU but because I never tried for more challenging music schools, and I hate Arizona. NAU is a great school, very out of the norm for most Arizona schools, but for music I'd really rather be in NY or Chicago.

Compare NAUSave NAU