StudentsReview :: Champlain College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Survey is Blank
Arrogant, Broken Spirit, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly, Helpful, Unhelpful

Average
He cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Dec 13 2010
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
Dude, what does it take to be an RA here? The sophomore girl that is supposed to be our RA and help us out treats us like dirt. She swears like a sailor, talks to us like shes better than us, and makes passive aggressive comments to all freshmen, as if because she is one year older she has a right to do so. The guy RA just sits in his room playing video games all day and night and gets really ticked off if a freshman knocks on his door for any reason.

This school really does not care about anyone. I send a lot of emails to administration about various issues (financial mistakes on their part, my desire to move out of my room due to a psycho roommate, eventually my desire to transfer) If I'm lucky, half of the emails I send are responded to. They're literally making it so I can't leave this place. While I filled out transfer applications for 5 different colleges, Champlain never sent my transcripts or assisted me with the secondary forms. When I literally walked into the offices and demanded they assist, they acted like idiots and couldn't understand any of the tasks the college needed to consider to help me transfer my credits. Are they seriously going to say NO ONE has ever transferred from Champlain before? Considering how much other people hate it, that seems unlikely.

I have spoken to other kids dying to transfer, and their efforts were shot down by administration too. Honestly, unless you just want to play video games, smoke weed, or talk about conspiracy theories, this isn't a good place to spend 4 years of your life that should be great. You should learn from my my mistake and avoid this college at all costs.

Compare ChamplainSave Champlain