StudentsReview :: Washington State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1680
Not so bright
D-
Safety
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Jan 27 2011
Major: Architecture (This Major's Salary over time)
I've really tried to like this school as much as I can, but there are major drawbacks, especially for someone like me. The campus itself is nice, and the classes are pretty good. From what I have heard from my friend at UW, I would say that the academics here are far more meaningful. However, STAY AWAY from pre-calculus. I was a straight-A student in math back in high school, but this program was so messed up, and was taught so poorly that I had to drop out of math. My first year architecture classes were a waste of time, and it seems that they care more about structure than design. The classes were graded way too harshly. I received an award in high school for excellence in architecture, and I could barely get better than a C for my projects in arch 101.

Pullman is a pretty sleepy little town. Moscow is like Hollywood in comparison. Some people like the small town feel, but it's surely not for everyone. I came from a mid-sized town, and I just cannot handle this place. There is absolutely nothing to do, and you have to walk a long distance to just get to a grocery store.

Dorm life has been pretty annoying to me. Mostly because of the actual people on my floor. The dorms themselves aren't that great, and they aren't too well placed. It takes nearly a half hour to walk to the rec center from Stephenson and Rogers.

The people here are okay. I'm a music minor, so I meet most of my friends through there. People in music are always great. Still, most people here seem very generic - you have the jock types, the prep types. It seems everyone dresses the same and does the same things. This includes partying - if you don't drink and don't want to be in Greek society, you will feel outcast. I wouldn't exactly consider myself introverted, but I don't open to just anyone. In high school I easily made friends whom I still have a very strong connection with. I have yet to make one single friend of the same caliber at this school. Students often just don't seem interested in education.

Overall, I enjoy the school itself, but the location and community has put me off. I also feel the architecture program is not my type, and so I will be going to Oregon to try out their program.

Compare WSUSave WSU