StudentsReview :: The University of California - Santa Barbara - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- San Diego, CA

Friendly, Arrogant

SAT2060
D
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Date: Feb 14 2011
Major: History/Histories (art history/etc.) (This Major's Salary over time)
UCSB is a good school with a lot to offer. Most people I know here are very happy. However, do not ignore the party aspect of this school. It's not that I don't like partying, it's that the attitude of the students is surrounded around this "bro" type of attitude. As a female, I constantly feel objectified and humiliated, and I feel like the girls here are all competing with each other and are extremely materialistic. I rarely have an intellectual conversation with anyone, and even if you want to just stay in on a weekend, the drunken scene of isla vista is screaming outside my apartment. The school is so large, I've had a hard time finding ways to get involved. The professors are generally good once you get to upper division, but lower division is really just up to who your TA is (which can be great, can be awful). I wouldn't tell anyone not to go here, but if the things I'm saying sound like somewhere you wouldn't want to be, just make sure you thoroughly analyze your options…
Compare UCSB/UC-Santa BarbaraSave UCSB/UC-Santa Barbara