StudentsReview :: Northern Arizona University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Northern Arizona University

Alumni Survey

Date: Feb 22 2011
Major: Math (This Major's Salary over time)
I chose to attend NAU mostly because I am an Arizona resident, and ASU and U of A didn't seem like my cup of tea. I didn't really have too much to complain about during my first year there, at least not anything that most other schools aren't guilty of, but after that the school simply started taking in too many people. The single-person dorm rooms that were available my first year there were turned into shared freshman dorms, and I heard my fair share of rumors of students living in study rooms and the like until dorm rooms became available. Several of my classes that second year started out with more students than desks. Funny, because I went to NAU to avoid things like this. I increased my course load and was able to graduate in three years so that I could leave that mess behind me. Due to all of the budget cuts that have been going on in Arizona coupled with the information that I have just presented, I would highly recommend that everyone avoid this school.

I will say that the math department faculty were for the most part very nice, smart, and accessible people. I cannot complain about that aspect of the school, although I ended up deciding that math was not the right choice for me. I'm probably going to suck it up and start attending an out-of-state college for a 2nd bachelor's degree in chemistry this fall so that I can get out of this dead-end job and this dead-end state.

Compare NAUSave NAU