StudentsReview :: Azusa Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1700
Faculty Accessibility
University Resource Use
A
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Mar 01 2011
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
Oh my gosh. where to begin. This school is really only for preachers kids. They dont like people with new ideas or challenging faith. I live off campus, 30 miles away, with my fiance due to financial reasons. APU seems to think that this is their business. when APU found out, they gave me 30 days to get married, or move out. they made cohabiting against policy the weekend before they met with us. they make up rules as they go along. I cant afford a wedding, and I want something nicer then getting married in a court for my college's satisfaction. I guess they would really rather me be homeless. Everyone is judgmental. Girls preach about being sexually pure, then scramble to find the morning after pill after a one night stand. a teacher entered my grade in wrong, and refused to fix it because she threw out all of the homework that was handed in so she has no proof. I emailed the president to discuss these real issues and his response was that he is too busy. Chapel is an absolute drag. it is boring, long and required 3X per week. they tell you that you can petition to be excused from chapel, but no one is approved. Then you are hit with a $200 fine when you miss too many chapels. I am transferring asap to a school that sees loving one another as a priority.

responseI find it interesting that you chose to go to an advertised Christian school and then are upset that they have a moral code that adheres to their religious principles. It really is hypocritical to enter a principled institution and then complain about their principles. It also makes me wonder how much you researched the school before applying; if you did research the school you would have known about the chapel requirement and have no reason to complain; but, if you didn't research the school then your ignorance of the school requirements does not condemn the school but your own failure to make an uninformed choice. I find the school helpful and qualified and, like most post-secondary schools, you get a mixture of helpful/unhelpful people. In the end it is the student that has a lot to do with the school experience.
response"Unknown," you state that cohabiting was made against policy just before they met with you; however, I recall there being a policy against it when I was there and I graduated 4 years before you started (according to your year of graduation). I agree with the previous response. You clearly didn't care to look into the school before attending. As for the cohabiting policy, did you realize that might be for a reason? Divorce statistics for couples that lived together prior to marriage are significantly higher than for those who did not. Just a thought!
responseYou're wise for transferring out. APU is unknown outside of the Azusa area and folks who have heard of APU know that it's a breeze to get into. About where Azusa is located, it screams ghetto.
Azusa Pacific University