StudentsReview :: Azusa Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1700
Faculty Accessibility
University Resource Use
A
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Mar 01 2011
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
Oh my gosh. where to begin. This school is really only for preachers kids. They dont like people with new ideas or challenging faith. I live off campus, 30 miles away, with my fiance due to financial reasons. APU seems to think that this is their business. when APU found out, they gave me 30 days to get married, or move out. they made cohabiting against policy the weekend before they met with us. they make up rules as they go along. I cant afford a wedding, and I want something nicer then getting married in a court for my college's satisfaction. I guess they would really rather me be homeless. Everyone is judgmental. Girls preach about being sexually pure, then scramble to find the morning after pill after a one night stand. a teacher entered my grade in wrong, and refused to fix it because she threw out all of the homework that was handed in so she has no proof. I emailed the president to discuss these real issues and his response was that he is too busy. Chapel is an absolute drag. it is boring, long and required 3X per week. they tell you that you can petition to be excused from chapel, but no one is approved. Then you are hit with a $200 fine when you miss too many chapels. I am transferring asap to a school that sees loving one another as a priority.

questionCan you blame a Christian university for expecting its students to hold Christian values? im not saying im perfect or even pure, you just cant blame them for upholding values in which they were based. no judgement just realistically you cant get mad at them for you doing something you shouldnt
responseHello! I am in a doctoral program for my Ed.D. at APU and I ran across your post while reading reviews. I cannot say whether I agree or disagree with you as I just started here, but in light of your college expereince I thought I would share an excellent alternative. I am not sure if you have heard of Hope International University, but they are a small Christian University located in Fullerton, CA. They offer limited programs online, but they are of excellent quality and very reasonably priced. Also, while still being able to attain a wholesome Christian education, they are non judgemental and very student-centered. The classes, though online, are rigorous and challenging, yet manageable. My boyfriend and friend currently attend and love it. I also attended there for my masters. The experience was excellent. AND, you will save an extraordinary amount on what you would pay at APU in tuition. You should give it a look… and no, I don't work for the school :-) just a big fan of the program!! HIU.EDU feel free to email me if you have any questions or my sincerity.

Have an excellent day!

P.S> sorry if there is any misspellings, I didn't go back to check my comment! :-)

Azusa Pacific University