StudentsReview :: Hampton University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Afraid, Broken Spirit

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Mar 02 2011
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
I am in my second year at Hampton University College of Virginia Beach Campus. I have been consistently disappointed in the lack of professionalism and team work from the faculty. My colleagues and I have experienced 45-minute rants from Ms. Brown of this campus that had NOTHING to do with our class material, class issues, or class topics. The only true compassionate and professional staff members worth their salt here are Dr. Penn-Marshall, Dr. Harrison, Dr. Harrison (notice a pattern yet in their titles?), Maria Holmes, R.N. who is actually AN ADJUNCT FROM NORFOLK STATE U, our secretary Miss Lynn and our wonderful library/IRC expert, Shene Owens. I have been an Honor graduate from TCC and an Advanced Placement student from middle school forward and am surprised at the disorganization and sheer apathy of its staff. They often lose grades in Blackboard and then ask the originating student to bring back in the work, IF they ever return a graded report or project. Ms. Lott is too busy working on her Doctorate and busying herself with her favorite pasttime of judging, trying and treating others according to her own misperceptions(surely brought on by sleep deprivation from the demands of her life while pursuing said Doctorate). The registration process is a total disorganized nightmare in which any student receives unprofessional and rude treatment come to be known as "The Hampton Runaround" by all who have endured this grueling process. KEEP ALL YOUR GRADES AND PRINT AND COPY YOUR GRADES as they often delete columns in Blackboard by accident and then make grades up as they go along. I have been told this by some of the reliable and professional teachers here at HU. As a mixed student, I was appalled at the racism I experienced from the African American staff. Can't we all just get along? Aren't not the staff highly educated women AS WELL AS HEALTHCARE PROFESSINALS, who are held BY THE BOARD OF NURSING to standards of ethical and unbiased treatment of others? I wonder how they treat their patients…oh my. I TRULY THINK YOU SHOULD NOT, DEFINITELY NOT, WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS POOR EXCUSE OF A SCHOOL MORE CONCERNED WITH THEIR APPEARANCE OF A PROPER UNIVERSITY(SEE HOW THEY JUST OPENED A $225 MILLION DOLLAR PROTON THERAPY INSTITUTE AND DO NOT APPROPRIATE FUNDS TO THE DEPTS THEY SAY THEY WILL PER THEIR OWN BUDGET). I AM ONLY STILL HERE BECAUSE OTHER NURSING PROGRAMS WILL NOT ACCEPT CORE CLASSES ON A TRANSFER…there's much more, but I think I have said enough.
Compare HamptonSave Hampton