StudentsReview :: Virginia State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Survey is Blank
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

ACT:22
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #000000; line-height:80px';float:left;
Friendliness
D-
He cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Mar 03 2011
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Probably the worst university ever. The dorms dont have Wi-Fi and nor does the library. The only way to get a connection is by an ethernet cord and most of the ports to plug them in at dont even work! I am a freshman and i wanted to transfer after my first semester. I know i am smarter than some of these professors that are hired here and they have the nerve to give the grades they give. They would never make it in the real world. The only reason i came to this poor excuse for a school is because the Ms. Glaise, Department Chair of Education Majors, simultaneously offered all types of money to go here. Also, i am a football player so i wanted to come and try to go to school for free to take the burden off of my parents financial situations. Once i got here for orientation, i received none of the money offered, in fact, she couldn't even get me in the dorm she promised to put me in. I got put Williams Hall, a shitty freshman dorm which is parallel to living like a convicted felon in prison. Another example is my portfolio for english which is weighed 50% of the entire grade. I completed all of the papers. with the average out of 4 papers, the grade alone would come out to a B+. I somehow ended up with a C on my portfolio when the exact same papers i was graded on were in my portfolio. The teachers are very biased, especially Ms. Althea McCollin, a composition 1 professor. How she even got the job, i dont know, but then again, this is Virginia State University we are talking about. Its almost as if they don't want you to succeed. As a matter of fact its exactly what it is. I ended up with a C in the class when i feel strongly that a deserved an a or no less than a B+. I took my paper to the head of the department chair, Professor Deborah Goodwyn. This did not help at all. I sat there and watched her SKIM through my paper like a magazine with pictures. She had me come back and forth to her office to tell me that i have C work when i personally know that i am way better than the dumb fucks at this school. I dont get C's, but apparently they both thad each others back in bringing me down by giving me a grade of a C. If you go here, dont expect to be making more $ than someone with a g.e.d. Take my advice to prevent further hell conditions and DO NOT GO TO VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY, a place of biased unprofessionalism.
Compare VSUSave VSU