StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Helpful, Condescending

Social Life
D+
Safety
He cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Mar 26 2011
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I attended the Bachelor of Science Program in Psychology recently ending in February, 2011. I enjoyed the experience and found the education directly applicable and relevant to my work environment (youth life counseling).

Personally I had almost no issues with the school at all, except the educational interface should be updated to include video recorded lectures (like the Harvard extension school). The professors were helpful and encouraged a solid effort. One thing I did not like were the ?group projects? as I am a bit of a perfectionist and often struggle coping with fellow students who are often late, incompetent or otherwise full of excuses. That said, I encountered many bright students, but I think the entry requirements for the school is a bit too inclusive (in my experience perhaps 10% of the students in my classes seemed to be unready/unprepared for or otherwise incapable of university).

I also attended a brick and mortar university in the 1990s and found my Walden experience to be much more focused on learning. The Brick and Mortar university for example had a pot head professor in one of my classes who seemed more interested in inviting pretty college girls over to his house on weekends rather than teaching the course effectively. I very much prefer Walden to that experience.

My wife is taking university courses from the 280th highest rated university in the world (12th best in Canada) and I help her with her homework finding the work not any more difficult than my Walden work. Therefore I do not see any concern about the quality of the work required by students.

I would recommend this University to anyone who is too far away from a brick and mortar university (like me) to attend without severe life disruption, or for anyone who just wants to study at their own hours of the day. The work is good, the learning experience positive and there are many good people both in the student body and the faculty.

WaldenU Graduate

questionWhat are you thoughts on those who say employers look at Walden University on a resume and ignore potential candidates for "lack of a big name college?" I'm considering switching from Troy University to Walden. Thanks, Scott

Johnson State College (VT) 1:negative