StudentsReview :: The Saint Mary's University of Minnesota - Extra Detail about the Comment

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Not so bright
Excess Competition
Faculty Accessibility
B
He cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Mar 27 2011
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
My experiences are limited mainly to the Rochester campus. While the instructors were somewhat approachable, many of the students created a hostile learning environment in the classrooms. I thought that in grad school, questions pertinent to the lecture/discussion were encouraged; to my discovery, however, they were the subject of ridicule by some of my classmates. Honest disagreement is fine, and makes for good debate. Name-calling, treating colleagues derisively, and even targeting dignity are absolutely out of bounds. Yet those are exactly the types of things I encountered at that university. For two years' worth of my time, effort, and money, nothing was ever done to address the issues I faced several times per week in the classroom -not the least of which was an ever-increasing anxiety level which interfered with my ability to stay focused without a lot of extra effort. The Dean of Student Affairs at the time was entirely unhelpful to me. In fact, she went so far as to block me from continuing with my studies because I had lodged a complaint about how I was being treated in the classroom! Saint Mary's University of Minnesota might have a Catholic name, but it is far from being a Christian school. I lost almost $30,000 to this university in exchange for being mistreated by fellow students, ignored by faculty, and cheated by staff. I wouldn't recommend this university to anyone.
Compare SMUMNSave SMUMN