StudentsReview :: The University of Alabama - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityB Extra CurricularsA-
SafetyA
Friendly

ACT:28
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
Average
Academic Success
C+
Useful Schoolwork
A
He cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Mar 31 2011
Major: Computer Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I am a non-Greek finishing my Junior year here at Alabama. I understand some of the "anti-Greek" or "you have to be Greek to have a life" comments made here. In fact I had the same attitude until about half way through my first semester on campus. But I have been here three years now, and for the past year have been dating a great girl who happens to be in a sorority.

The fact is that when I first came here, I would let the fact that a girl was in a Greek organization influence my thinking, and would not try to get to know her. After a couple of months, I realized that was just stupid and started treating folks in my classes who were in fraternities and sororities just like I would treat anyone else. Did I meet some who were snobbish and snotty? Sure I did. But in three years I have met a few snobs who have never been near a Greek house, too. I ended up getting along fine with the vast majority of the Greek students I met… and last year, met a wonderful girl, really hit it off with her, and we are still dating. And,yes, she and her sorority sisters get along just fine with my friends who are independents.

Give people - and yourself - a chance. This can be a really fun place to go to school.

The University of Alabama