StudentsReview :: Saginaw Valley State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Central Michigan University -- Mount Pleasant, MI

Not so bright
Social Life
Faculty Accessibility
B+
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Apr 09 2011
Major: PreMed and Medical (This Major's Salary over time)
I went to SVSU because I thought I would like a small campus, and because a couple of my friends were going there. Going to Saginaw Valley has been the biggest mistake of my life. The only good thing about the school is the dorms are new, and the campus is nice. Saginaw has nothing to offer you compared to other schools. If you like going out, honestly do not go here. When I read these comments I didn't believe the social life could be that bad, but it is so true. Unless you are planning on coming here with 20+ people you know, you will be so bored. Most people go home on the weekends because its so lame, so if you stay you will be depressed and hate your life. I got a MIP for drinking in my dorm room with two other girls. SVSU does not want you to have fun or get the college experience, SVSU is comparable to high school. 90% of the people I talk to hate it, and want to transfer. The rest of the people are mad they didn't realize how much it sucked before, and they are only staying because they only have one or two years left. Yes, saginaw is cheaper than most schools but it's not even worth it. I'm transferring to Western Michigan next year, and so are all my friends. I can't even tell you about one fun time I've had at this school. It's terrible, it's so small. It seems the only people who kind of like it here and people who come from really small cities who aren't used to a social life anyways. SVSU has made me depressed about life this year, and I know that will all change when I transfer. Please listen to this and believe it, I swear most people here think the same exact way I do.
Saginaw Valley State University